Thursday, August 28, 2008

Chef Shara 1975


Chef Shara 1975, originally uploaded by CakesByShara.

I always knew I wanted to cook someday. I can remember in Kindergarten that was my favorite thing to do. I had the privilege of going to kindergarten on a farm, That year Ms. Madina taught us about eggs, baby chickens, making pancakes and jelly, peanut butter cookies, home made butter where you put heavy cream in a jar and everyone shakes it until you have butter, Crank ice cream, and so many other foods. I remember she had red clay she heated in the oven for us to play with. We also learned about planting and harvesting, onions, potatoes, and many other kind of fruits and vegetables. I believe then I knew I wanted to work with food, I continued to cook all through my life up to this very day. I still enjoy it as I enjoy art. I am grateful for the experience I had as a child. In 1995 I graduated from Culinary school and have specialized in baking and cake decorating from there.
So there you have a little glimpse into my life as a child.

No comments: